Last Updated May 18
What do we do with your personal information?
We use personal information in order to promote and provide Raintree products and services, to ensure the security of our websites, and to run our business.
What information does Raintree collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you purchase goods and services from us and interact with us, our Sales Team and our websites. This information includes:
- Your name, username, and password
- Your residential or business address, email address, and phone number
- Your payment and delivery details, including billing and delivery addresses and credit card details, when you make purchases from our website.
- Your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us
- Information related to the browser or device you use to access our websites
- Records of your use of Raintree subscription products.
When you order from us or make a request to us we ask for your personal information. This enables us to fulfil your request or order (e.g. needing your postcode to send you your order). If you withold that personal information we will not be able to process your request or order.
How does Raintree use your information?
We use your information in the following ways:
- To fulfil a contract with or a request from you, for example:
- Fulfilling orders via the third party distribution company we use- MDL
- Handling credit card information provided through our websites using PCI-compliant payment services
- Storing and analysing your information in order to evaluate job applications.
- Managing occasional competitions
- To run our business and pursue our legitimate interests:
- Giving you access to products or services ordered by your institution
- Informing you about Raintree products and services by post, email, and phone in accordance with your marketing preferences and law relating to direct marketing
- Undertaking targeted advertising for other Raintree products and services that we think may be of interest to you, based on the products you use and buy from the Raintree website
- Providing you with different content within a product or service, e.g where we add content to a subscription product
- Analysing how you purchase and use Raintree products so we can develop future products and services, including through the use of surveys
- Ensuring the security of Raintree’s website, microsites and No Nonsense Literacy platform and protecting Raintree’s rights.
- Where consent has been given -
- . If we need your consent in order to send marketing for Raintree products and services to you
If there is a legal requirement:
- Sharing your personal information in order to adhere to legal obligations to which Raintree is subject.
How Raintree shares your information.
We share your personal details:
- Within Raintree in order to carry out the processing described above
- With third party service providers who process your information on Raintree's behalf for the purposes above – such as payment processors, or fulfilment houses
- With third parties which are identified as co-promoters of competitions that you enter
- With our Sales Team who are independently employed by Raintree
We will also share your personal information:
- If we think this is necessary to in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Raintree, our employees, our commercial partners, or our customers. This includes sharing information for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- With government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required by law.
Updating your personal information and changing your consent preferences
Where your consent is required for us to process your personal information, we will ask for your consent at the point at which you provide your data. It is your right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can also update your personal information whenever you require. If you wish to do either, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell your personal information to third parties.
Storage of your personal information
We will only store records of your personal information for as long as is deemed reasonably necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it, and in order to comply with any statutory or regulatory obligations in relation to retention of records. We respect requests to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes. This includes logging a record of all your requests indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
Raintree collects personal information from you (by cookie technology- see below) through the use of order forms and every time you e-mail us your details, post a message to a bulletin board or provide shipping and billing information for an online purchase.
This Website creates a cookie (a small piece of computer code) which is sent to and stored on your computer containing a unique session identifier only. This identifier is used to record site usage statistics. In a separate automatic operation the web server will collect your IP address and details of the Website where you came from before entering this Website. This information is used to:
i.work out how many times this Website has been visited
ii.record which parts of the Website have been visited so we can improve the content and layout of the Website
The information collected is stored on your computer and will automatically be deleted if you do not revisit this Website for 90 days.
Through your use of this site, you consent to the above policy regarding use and collection of your Personal Information by Raintree. Any changes to the policy will be posted on this page.
If you wish to have your details removed from our database, or enquire as to the source of your data, you should contact us at:
Sandy Lane West
OXFORD, OX4 6LB
If you are still unhappy after contacting us direct, you may contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via their website https://ico.org.uk