Working for Raintree
Subscription Marketing Specialist - International
Oxford, OX2 8EJ, GB
Remote, with occasional travel to the Oxford office
We are currently seeking a Subscription Marketing Specialist to join our busy International Marketing team. We are looking for someone who is organised, pro-active, curious and results-orientated, and who enjoys being part of a multi-tasking team.
Think this could be you? Awesome – keep reading!
- WELCOMING. You believe that inclusivity, equity, and accessibility creates a positive impact in the world. You appreciate and recognize that it is everyone’s responsibility to celebrate and share the diverse voices and perspectives of our teams, readers, and communities.
- ACCOUNTABLE. You’ve been described as a “driver” or the person that “owns it.” Whether you see an opportunity for improvement or know you can make an impact on a project, you’re the first to raise your hand and trust yourself enough to ask for help or drive it to the finish line.
- VALUE DRIVEN. You know what motivates and drives your behavior. At Capstone, our hearts and minds are committed to our Purpose. It’s not just about the tech or the content, we help the world read. You believe this is possible and instantly feel connected to and motivated by this mission.
- A PROBLEM-SOLVER. You recognize that innovation comes from taking risks and trying new things. Sometimes it’s a home run! Other times, it needs to be reworked. You lean into both scenarios, recognize, and empathize that growth comes from challenges.
- CURIOUS. Beyond a simple “Why”, you want to know more about everything. People, processes, tools… how they fit, the value they bring, are all things you’re constantly striving to better understand. As we like to say, “let curiosity lead the way”
The Subscription Marketing Specialist on Capstone’s International team delivers annual digital subscription targets for new subscribers, customer retention and extension. This role works with the International and US marketing team to optimize digital subscription marketing activity for International markets and customers.
The Subscription Marketing Specialist will develop, manage, measure and execute targeted digital product marketing plans, as well as develop and implement a strategy to build and grow an International digital product community. This position will be expected to demonstrate performance in a manner that is consistent with Capstone’s Core Competencies.
Digital Product Marketing
- In conjunction with the International Marketing Director develop digital subscription marketing plans to deliver on company objectives.
- Produce and deliver a fully costed annual integrated digital subscription marketing plan which includes clear content and social media plan, customer contact plan and website update plan. Ensure this plan is fully tracked, measured, and delivered on time.
- Work with UK and U.S. Capstone teams to be the International subscription expert.
- Work with third parties, and internal colleagues to manage and deliver digital subscription webinar and training programs.
- Ensure all plans are communicated and updated to the wider business.
- Profile the market to highlight gaps and key target markets.
- Research and profile what our typical customer looks like.
- Working closely with our end users, and the U.S. where appropriate, develop a customer endorsement plan.
- Analyze our typical customer life cycle from lead generation through to retained customer and lapsing customer.
Education, Experience, and Skills desired:
- Whilst a marketing qualification would be desirable, more important is a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering growth of subscription products in the International K-6 educational market.
- 4 years’ experience in a subscription marketing role, ideally working within the international education market. Experience of working within the Chinese, Asian or Middle East International School Market highly desirable.
- Creative and ideas orientated.
- Sales and customer outcomes focused.
- Ability to interpret and act on campaign and data analysis.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and first-class communication skills.
- Knowledge and usage of Spirit, Salesforce, Pardot and Dotdigital would be an advantage.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge essential.
Ability to travel nationally and internationally for work purposes (5-10%).
Pre-Employment Background Check Required
What we're looking for
Raintree is a library and educational publisher specialising in books and digital resources for primary school aged children. Based in Oxford, Raintree is the International home, of the US based, Capstone Global Library.
As a leading print and digital publisher of both children’s educational and trade books we’re continuously on the lookout for great people. The kind who take their work seriously and themselves not too seriously. The kind who are good communicators and even better listeners. The kind of people who think “How can I make this better?” rather than “That’ll do.”
It’s these characteristics, combined with a desire to continuously learn and grow, that will make you our kind of person. And result in you helping us to create truly inspiring learning experiences that will be enjoyed by children and adults around the world.
What you’ll get in return
If your application is successful you can look forward to working with like-minded creative and committed colleagues, in a friendly environment at our Oxford office and with benefits that include a company pension scheme, life assurance, childcare discount vouchers and staff recognition awards.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.